FoodSaver® VS3197 Multi-Use Vacuum Sealing & Food Preservation System, Stainless Steel
2110747Foodsaver 2110747 https://www.foodsaver.ca/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-master-catalog/default/dwe6c2e22c/images/foodsaver/2093600/2093600.jpg
This FoodSaver Multi-Use Food Preservation System combines the power of a heat sealer with the convenience of a retractable handheld vacuum sealer, in one unit.See More...
This FoodSaver Multi-Use Food Preservation System combines the power of a heat sealer with the convenience of a retractable handheld vacuum sealer, in one unit. Use the heat seal strip for long-term preservation in the freezer, and the handheld sealer for short-term preservation in the fridge or pantry. This Food Preservation System keeps food fresh up to 5x longer in the freezer compared to ordinary storage methods, and also helps prevent freezer burn. FoodSaver can also help fridge and pantry items stay fresh for longer. This unit's sleek, modern design features a stainless steel finish that looks great in any kitchen. So you can make the most of your FoodSaver system, it comes with (1) 11" x 8' Vacuum Seal Roll, (2) Quart Vacuum Seal Bags, (2) Gallon Vacuum Seal Bags, (2) Quart Vacuum Zipper Bags, (2) Gallon Vacuum Zipper Bags
- KEEP FOOD FRESH LONGER: This FoodSaver Multi-Use Preservation System keeps food fresh in the freezer up to 5x longer, and fresher longer in the fridge and pantry, compared to ordinary storage methods—and helps prevent freezer burn as well
- VERSATILE: Combines heat sealer and handheld vacuum sealer in one unit; use the heat seal strip for freezer storage, and the handheld sealer for fridge and pantry storage
- MARINATE/MOIST/DRY SETTINGS: marinate in minutes with marinate setting; dry and moist settings ensure an airtight seal is achieved regardless of the type of food you are sealing
- MORE FEATURES: Roll storage with built-in cutter bar so you can create custom-sized vacuum seal bags; time-saving feature makes bags from rolls faster by cutting your bag as you're sealing your next bag; alignment tool and angled opening ensure ideal bag placement; removable drip tray
- EASY TO USE: Simply press vacuum button to remove air and seal, and LED light indicates sealing is complete
- INCLUDES: (1) 11" x 8' Vacuum Seal Roll, (2) Quart Vacuum Seal Bags, (2) Gallon Vacuum Seal Bags, (2) Quart Vacuum Zipper Bags, (2) Gallon Vacuum Zipper Bags
- DURABLE: Guaranteed to reach an optimal vacuum level and airtight seal; 5-year warranty
- NRTL TESTED & CERTIFIED: All FoodSaver appliances are ETL or UL certified by Nationally Recognized Test Laboratories (NRTLs) for compliance with applicable product safety test standards; safety is our #1 priority
FoodSaver® VS3197 Multi-Use Vacuum Sealing & Food Preservation System, Stainless Steel is rated out of 5 by 19.
Rated 1 out of 5 by Julie1234 from Worse machine ever! I previously owned a foodsaver from about 10 years ago that worked well still but I had the bad idea to downgrade for the new model they had at Costco and give my old one to a friend… worse Idea ever!! I am now stuck with a huge pot of spaghetti sauce that I was planing of freezing and that new machine won’t work! I have attempted 20 times for the machine to just vacuum and seal a bag without having to press seal myself and it never worked! I am seriously wondering how company can try to improve a machine and simply make it worse and think it’s ok to sell it to consumers who trust their products.
Date published: 2021-12-14
Rated 1 out of 5 by Danno from Very Disappointed and Frustrated I bought the VS3197 from Costco a couple of months ago to replace my older model that I had--and loved--for many years. I really, really dislike this newer machine. It's very awkward to use, and wastes an incredible amount of bag because of the way the lid swings down. Because of the awkward design, more often than not there is air remaining in the bag, which defeats the whole purpose of the air-sealing system. I'm totally frustrated and regret buying this product. I will change to a different brand now that I finally pitched this one where it belongs--in the trash.
Date published: 2022-04-10
Rated 1 out of 5 by JennyL from Frustrating and annoying I bought this model to replace an older model. As all other reviewers has said, this is a bad choice. It does not fully vacuum and the contents are still in a bit if air. No matter what I do, I do not get a complete vacuum before the thing seals the bag. I will be returning to Costco and I am very disappointed with this. It is a total waste of time and money. DO NOT BUY
Date published: 2022-05-01
Rated 1 out of 5 by exchef from Huge Downgrade The amazing Foodsaver machine that I have had for the past about 15 years finally packed it in. It worked perfectly until the last minute. I got this new one from Costco and can't believe how poorly engineered it is. Yes it works (who knows for how long), but it is a total hassle to use. Maybe one of the old engineers needs to come out of retirement to show these new ones how design and function work. Glad I got it from Costco, as they have a great return policy.
Date published: 2023-03-02
Rated 1 out of 5 by Adie from Vacuum sucks I cannot get the vacuum to work well, took 30 minutes to get one bag to vacuum and seal.
Date published: 2021-09-27
Rated 2 out of 5 by Nanci from Rubber Seal I purchased this unit ,my second ,and only had it 8 weeks and the rubber seal is coming apart …As this is an appliance that is only used every few weeks it is not the same quality as my original . I will be returning it to Costco today ..
Date published: 2021-12-21
Rated 1 out of 5 by rick2277 from broke down in 24 hours! purchased at Costco, works the first bag, yeah,,,, but the second day broke down, check all online troubleshooting videos, solutions, still don't work, returned sadly.
Date published: 2021-11-10
Rated 1 out of 5 by Charlie Black from Thank you previous owners I bought amd haven’t open the box and will be returning due to the poor reviews. It’s a shame that manufacturers don’t make things like they use to but still want our money. Just Google Best vacuum sealer and you will see which one are the best. I’ll be honest Foodsaver isn’t even in the top 5 list. Get your stuff to foodsaver. Words travel faster than you may think!!!!
Date published: 2022-12-12