FoodSaver® VS3197 Multi-Use Vacuum Sealing & Food Preservation System, Stainless Steel
2110747Foodsaver 2110747 https://www.foodsaver.ca/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-master-catalog/default/dwe6c2e22c/images/foodsaver/2093600/2093600.jpg
This FoodSaver Multi-Use Food Preservation System combines the power of a heat sealer with the convenience of a retractable handheld vacuum sealer, in one unit.See More...
This FoodSaver Multi-Use Food Preservation System combines the power of a heat sealer with the convenience of a retractable handheld vacuum sealer, in one unit. Use the heat seal strip for long-term preservation in the freezer, and the handheld sealer for short-term preservation in the fridge or pantry. This Food Preservation System keeps food fresh up to 5x longer in the freezer compared to ordinary storage methods, and also helps prevent freezer burn. FoodSaver can also help fridge and pantry items stay fresh for longer. This unit's sleek, modern design features a stainless steel finish that looks great in any kitchen. So you can make the most of your FoodSaver system, it comes with (1) 11" x 8' Vacuum Seal Roll, (2) Quart Vacuum Seal Bags, (2) Gallon Vacuum Seal Bags, (2) Quart Vacuum Zipper Bags, (2) Gallon Vacuum Zipper Bags
- KEEP FOOD FRESH LONGER: This FoodSaver Multi-Use Preservation System keeps food fresh in the freezer up to 5x longer, and fresher longer in the fridge and pantry, compared to ordinary storage methods—and helps prevent freezer burn as well
- VERSATILE: Combines heat sealer and handheld vacuum sealer in one unit; use the heat seal strip for freezer storage, and the handheld sealer for fridge and pantry storage
- MARINATE/MOIST/DRY SETTINGS: marinate in minutes with marinate setting; dry and moist settings ensure an airtight seal is achieved regardless of the type of food you are sealing
- MORE FEATURES: Roll storage with built-in cutter bar so you can create custom-sized vacuum seal bags; time-saving feature makes bags from rolls faster by cutting your bag as you're sealing your next bag; alignment tool and angled opening ensure ideal bag placement; removable drip tray
- EASY TO USE: Simply press vacuum button to remove air and seal, and LED light indicates sealing is complete
- INCLUDES: (1) 11" x 8' Vacuum Seal Roll, (2) Quart Vacuum Seal Bags, (2) Gallon Vacuum Seal Bags, (2) Quart Vacuum Zipper Bags, (2) Gallon Vacuum Zipper Bags
- DURABLE: Guaranteed to reach an optimal vacuum level and airtight seal; 5-year warranty
- NRTL TESTED & CERTIFIED: All FoodSaver appliances are ETL or UL certified by Nationally Recognized Test Laboratories (NRTLs) for compliance with applicable product safety test standards; safety is our #1 priority
FoodSaver® VS3197 Multi-Use Vacuum Sealing & Food Preservation System, Stainless Steel is rated out of 5 by 13.
Rated 1 out of 5 by Julie1234 from Worse machine ever! I previously owned a foodsaver from about 10 years ago that worked well still but I had the bad idea to downgrade for the new model they had at Costco and give my old one to a friend… worse Idea ever!! I am now stuck with a huge pot of spaghetti sauce that I was planing of freezing and that new machine won’t work! I have attempted 20 times for the machine to just vacuum and seal a bag without having to press seal myself and it never worked! I am seriously wondering how company can try to improve a machine and simply make it worse and think it’s ok to sell it to consumers who trust their products.
Date published: 2021-12-14
Rated 1 out of 5 by JennyL from Frustrating and annoying I bought this model to replace an older model. As all other reviewers has said, this is a bad choice. It does not fully vacuum and the contents are still in a bit if air. No matter what I do, I do not get a complete vacuum before the thing seals the bag. I will be returning to Costco and I am very disappointed with this. It is a total waste of time and money. DO NOT BUY
Date published: 2022-05-01
Rated 1 out of 5 by Adie from Vacuum sucks I cannot get the vacuum to work well, took 30 minutes to get one bag to vacuum and seal.
Date published: 2021-09-27
Rated 1 out of 5 by Danno from Very Disappointed and Frustrated I bought the VS3197 from Costco a couple of months ago to replace my older model that I had--and loved--for many years. I really, really dislike this newer machine. It's very awkward to use, and wastes an incredible amount of bag because of the way the lid swings down. Because of the awkward design, more often than not there is air remaining in the bag, which defeats the whole purpose of the air-sealing system. I'm totally frustrated and regret buying this product. I will change to a different brand now that I finally pitched this one where it belongs--in the trash.
Date published: 2022-04-10
Rated 1 out of 5 by rick2277 from broke down in 24 hours! purchased at Costco, works the first bag, yeah,,,, but the second day broke down, check all online troubleshooting videos, solutions, still don't work, returned sadly.
Date published: 2021-11-10
Rated 1 out of 5 by Marc27 from What a mess! and expensive Given as a gift, to help preserve single serving meals. Tried to use this with a stew. Used the moist setting and could not after repeated attempts get the vacuum cycle to extract much air from the bag. Seems to work ok with dry foods, but that isn't what Im trying to freeze.
Date published: 2022-02-09
Rated 1 out of 5 by MarieMi from Do not vacuum at all My first vacuum sealer! Bought this 2 weeks ago at Costco, I was looking forward to try it with my beet batch I cooked yesterday. Unfortunately, I passed 2 hours trying to vacuum, in many ways, troubleshooting, it doesn't work all at, not even a bit. Very disappointed.
Date published: 2022-01-23
Rated 1 out of 5 by Mike2237 from Very disappointing I just bought this from Costco and am very disappointed. I previously had the Silver Game Saver and replaced it with this model. The large bags barely fit in the slot and the hole for the extension cord is not big enough to put the extension cord in.
Date published: 2022-01-21