FoodSaver® VS3196 Vacuum Sealing System
This FoodSaver Multi-Use Food Preservation System combines the power of a heat sealer with the convenience of a retractable handheld vacuum sealer, in one unit.
This FoodSaver Multi-Use Food Preservation System combines the power of a heat sealer with the convenience of a retractable handheld vacuum sealer, in one unit. Use the heat seal strip for long-term preservation in the freezer, and the handheld sealer for short-term preservation in the fridge or pantry. This Food Preservation System keeps food fresh up to 5x longer in the freezer compared to ordinary storage methods, and also helps prevent freezer burn. FoodSaver can also help fridge and pantry items stay fresh for longer. For even more ways to use your FoodSaver, try the sous vide setting to seal food for delicious sous vide cooking, the pulse setting to safely seal delicate foods, the marinate setting for flavor in minutes, and the dry and moist settings for an airtight seal, regardless of the type of food you're sealing. This unit's sleek, modern design features a stainless steel finish that looks great in any kitchen.
- KEEP FOOD FRESH LONGER: This FoodSaver Multi-Use Preservation System keeps food fresh in the freezer up to 5x longer, and fresher longer in the fridge and pantry, compared to ordinary storage methods—and helps prevent freezer burn as well
- VERSATILE: Combines heat sealer and handheld vacuum sealer in one unit; use the heat seal strip for freezer storage, and the handheld sealer for fridge and pantry storage
- SOUS VIDE/PULSE/ MARINATE/MOIST/DRY SETTINGS: Create the perfect seal for delicious sous vide recipes with the sous vide setting; seal delicate foods, like baked goods, without crushing using the pulse setting; marinate in minutes with marinate setting; dry and moist settings ensure an airtight seal is achieved regardless of the type of food you are sealing
- MORE FEATURES: Roll storage with built-in cutter bar so you can create custom-sized vacuum seal bags; time-saving feature makes bags from rolls faster by cutting your bag as you're sealing your next bag; alignment tool and angled opening ensure ideal bag placement; removable drip tray
- EASY TO USE: Simply press vacuum button to remove air and seal, and LED light indicates sealing is complete
- DURABLE: Guaranteed to reach an optimal vacuum level and airtight seal; 5-year warranty
- NRTL TESTED & CERTIFIED: All FoodSaver appliances are ETL or UL certified by Nationally Recognized Test Laboratories (NRTLs) for compliance with applicable product safety test standards; safety is our #1 priority
Questions & Answers
Service & Support
FoodSaver® VS3196 Vacuum Sealing System is rated out of 5 by 7.
Rated 1 out of 5 by julie1234 from Worse machine ever! I previously owned a foodsaver from about 10 years ago that still worked well but I had the bad idea to downgrade for this newest model they had at Costco and to give my old one to a friend… worse Idea ever!! I am now stuck with a huge pot of spaghetti sauce that I was planning of freezing and that new machine won’t work! I have attempted 20 times for the machine to just vacuum AND seal a bag without having to press seal myself and it never worked! (and that is if I was lucky enough for it to vacuum...) I am seriously wondering how a company can TRY to improve a machine and simply make it worse and then sell it to consumers who trust their products.
Date published: 2021-12-14
Rated 1 out of 5 by Merse from Food saver VS3196 sealer Bought this unit on sale from Canadian tire 40 mins on way away from me on Jan 21st 2022 . I unwrapped it on Jan 22 2022 I read the Manuel and proceed to try a test seal which came out fantastic when to another nothing like no power no lights on unit nothing tried the toaster on upper and lower receptacle both worked fine . My conclusion is this machine is junk to do one seal then brake down so back to Canadian tire to return this junk another 1hour drive . Any savings from this being on special are gone because why didn’t the QC dept catch To others don’t waste your time on buying it it’s got bad reviews and I see why I don’t recommend this model
Date published: 2022-01-22
Rated 1 out of 5 by Homesteader from Sucks (or rather, doesn’t) Wish I’d seen the reviews before I purchased but doing more homework now. Same story. Worked great the first day. Vacuumed and sealed exactly as expected. A little futzing at times but I was familiar with that from a friends model so no big deal. Got done what I needed done and then moved on to the next day - it took me forever to get 4 bags vacuum sealed for the freezer. The only way the vacuum would mostly work was if I completely tipped the unit and held the bag vertically above it, and even then it wasn’t a goo vacuum seal. totally ridiculous. returning and back to the drawing table for a product I can buy and keep.
Date published: 2022-02-10
Rated 1 out of 5 by AnnoyedPurchaser from Won’t vacuum and seal I bought this on the weekend and opened it today. It will seal, but no vacuum and seal. Hasn’t worked once. The open end is supposed to sit in the drip tray, but the vacuum starts and goes on forever, not vacuuming. Extremely disappointed
Date published: 2022-04-20
Rated 2 out of 5 by Kaiser9 from too much waste the suction and vacuum is good but the design make it waste too much rool. the vacuum part of this device is too far in which makes you have to waste a lot of bag space, compared to other model like the FFS005-033.
Date published: 2022-11-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by Carmy from Satisfaite par rapport à 2autres machines essayées Je viens de profiter d’un rabais et contente du résultat
Date published: 2022-01-23
Rated 5 out of 5 by Isa72 from Efficace! Je l’utilise régulièrement et je suis très satisfaite
Date published: 2022-03-01